[Swan-dev] regarding: testing: adding missing : ==== end ==== to nicinit

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Wed Jan 29 09:00:10 UTC 2020

On Tue, 28 Jan 2020, Antony Antony wrote:

>> I understand that is your preference if _any_ solution is needed. But you
>> didn't answer my real question. Is there any test case that functionally
>> needs to run final.sh on nic? Do we have a test that is simple enough
>> that it uses init/run/final, yet needs to do something on nic in the
>> final.sh? Without that current requirement, why would we need to use
>> any of these hacks with markers or hostname grepping ? Then we should
>> just not run final.sh on nic ever.
>
> I don't know. If you don't see any they are gone. I was thinking of ocsp.
> Those are changed to numbered scripts.

Okay. good!

> I was fighting spread of "hostname | grep nic /dev/null || ipsec whack
> --trafficstatus"

As I said, those were only used to get the same output for kvm and
namespaces. I didnt rely on markers . If final.sh is never needed on nic,
I suggest we change our scripts to never execute final.sh on nic. And
to remove the markers for "initdone" and :==== end ====" in *init.sh and
final.sh. And rewrite the final.sh versions without the above hostname |
grep nic check.

I'm happy to do this after the 3.30 release.

Just to be very sure, is there anything needing the initdone markers
still? A grep in testing/utils/* shows nothing. If no one can think of
anything, I will also take those out when I do this work.