[Swan-dev] switching to a dedicated build machine

Antony Antony antony at phenome.org
Thu Jul 26 17:52:27 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 01:11:42PM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> Currently, by default, kvm-install does the following:
>
>    east: make base
>    east, west, north, ...: make install-base
>
> if you've lots of domains then this quickly gets very slow.  However,
> with KVM_BUILD_HOST=build in Makefile.inc.local, things instead
> progress:
>
>   build: make base install-base ...
>   clone build to east, west, north, ...

FYI: I have been doing something similar on my own.  First create a clone, on the clone, I create an rpm with make kvm-rpm.  Install the RPM on the clone then create test-docmains. then just spin up nics and remove libreswan:)

So one issue is there is no target to clone nic, aka regular host -- without libreswan, and a separate one for swanhosts.

While working on xfrmi I needed test vms with bigger disk image, 32 or 64GB, to compile mainline kernel. After that on my to do list is to make the image size a variable.