[Swan-dev] ../../utils/runkvm.py

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Tue Jul 17 13:21:43 UTC 2018

| From: Antony Antony <antony at phenome.org>

| This is possibly another another workaround. Try it?
|
| KVM_PREFIX='' a.
|
| always have '' as  a prefix and then there will be two sets, a.east and east

Thanks.

I thought of that.  I decided not to do it because:

- I did not know if it would work and it would take effort to find
  out.

- empty strings are fragile in scripts.  For example:
	$ echo $(echo '' a.)
	a.

- any part of the makefile complex might forget to use the prefix and
  end up with my null-prefix vm instead of a clear failure.  Better to
  not have one and thus have the Bad Code fail.

- it isn't too hard to add --prefix=a. once you know of the
  (undocumented) requirement

- I'd have to recreate my machines to reflect the new KVM_PREFIX
  setting