[Swan-dev] Two identical networks

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Sun May 22 00:00:01 UTC 2016

On 21 May 2016 at 17:03, Antony Antony <antony at phenome.org> wrote:
> are you trying to run two tests concurrently?

I'm looking at it, yes.

> In Docker setup bridges (on the host) have no IP address configured. So bridge with no ip address and namespace isolates the tests.

Right, that can also be done in KVM and/or VirtualBox, the links gave examples.

> In the past few days I tried similar trick with KVM.  There is no IP address on swan112 which seems to work. I just started a testrun with two instances.
>
> east, west, road.., swan12 ...
> east1, west1, road1.., swan112...
>
> so far it appears to work. I will know more tomorrow.

I've the same set up but I'm not seeing traffic, good to know this should work.

For the routing problem, in basic-pluto-01 I see the initial

  west# ./../pluto/bin/wait-until-alive -I 192.0.1.254 192.0.2.254

fail.  Ah, west also has:

# netstat -nr
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags   MSS Window  irtt Iface
192.0.2.0       192.1.2.23      255.255.255.0   UG        0 0          0 eth1

so provided 192.1.2 carries traffic it should work.