[Swan] How to re-enable IKEv1 on Rocky linux 9 / RHEL9?

Tuomo Soini tis at foobar.fi
Mon Apr 8 17:15:38 EEST 2024

On Mon, 8 Apr 2024 17:03:49 +0300
Viktor Keremedchiev via Swan <swan at lists.libreswan.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On rocky linux 9 I’m not able to get IKEv1 working,
> libreswan-4.12-1.el9.x86_64 from EPEL repository.
>
> I have created and enabled crypto-policy module that allows it
> explicitly crypto-policies/policies/modules/IKEV1.pmod
> protocol at IKE = IKEv1 IKEv2

That is not needed at all.

> As per the relevant config I have
>     ikev1-policy=accept

ikev1-policy is config setup option, not connection option.

> I have also commented out in /etc/ipsec.conf
> #etc/crypto-policies/back-ends/libreswan.config

Commenting out crypto-policy include means you have necessary
algorithms enabled for ikev1.

> But I still get following in the /var/log/pluto.log
>
> packet from 213………...500: ignoring IKEv1 packet as policy is set to
> silently drop all IKEv1 packets

Yes. Because your "config setup" section doesn't have
"<tab>ikev1-policy=accept"

--
Tuomo Soini <tis at foobar.fi>
Foobar Linux services