[Swan] How to re-enable IKEv1 on Rocky linux 9 / RHEL9?

Viktor Keremedchiev vkeremedchiev at adaptavist.com
Mon Apr 8 17:03:49 EEST 2024

Hello,

On rocky linux 9 I’m not able to get IKEv1 working, libreswan-4.12-1.el9.x86_64 from EPEL repository.

I have created and enabled crypto-policy module that allows it explicitly
crypto-policies/policies/modules/IKEV1.pmod
protocol at IKE = IKEv1 IKEv2

Now I should be allowed to have IKEv1 enable
crypto-policies/state/CURRENT.pol:# Policy LEGACY:IKEV1 dump
crypto-policies/state/CURRENT.pol:protocol at libreswan = IKEv1 IKEv2

As per the relevant config I have
    ikev1-policy=accept
    ikev2=no

I have also commented out in /etc/ipsec.conf
#etc/crypto-policies/back-ends/libreswan.config

But I still get following in the /var/log/pluto.log

packet from 213………...500: ignoring IKEv1 packet as policy is set to silently drop all IKEv1 packets

What do I need to get it sorted?

Thank you