[Swan] pam_open_session(3) Re: SUCCESS Re: NEW PROBLEM Re: IKEv2 PAM auth failure - how it's done properly?

Mirsad Goran Todorovac mirsad.todorovac at alu.unizg.hr
Thu Feb 3 14:01:12 EET 2022

On 1.2.2022. 2:53, Paul Wouters wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Jan 2022, Mirsad Goran Todorovac wrote:
>
>> Thank you, PLUTO_PEER_ID was exactly what I wanted, and it wasn't
>> documented ;-)
>>>
>>>  Yes, if you check the _updown script you should see all the
>>> environment
>>>  variables we pass into it from our pluto daemon. Or you can check the
>>>  function jam_common_shell_out() in programs/pluto/kernel.c (we might
>>>  have not always updated the _updown env variables comments there)
>>
>> This was a very useful advice. Don't worry about the script not being
>> updated, nobody
>> throws a gem because it was not polished :-)
>
> I've updated the variable list:
>
> https://github.com/libreswan/libreswan/commit/beb07948532b6a0a9ff3435f21c44e6e62f1f596

That's great. I believe such minor improvements make the package more
user friendly, as not
just everyone can discern this from the libreswan kernel.c source ;-)

IMHO MS Windows was not successful because it was better, but because
things worked out
of the box for people that were not computer professionals ...

Mirsad

--
Mirsad Todorovac
CARNet system engineer