[Swan] Errors while installing libreswan

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Thu Jan 24 21:32:59 UTC 2019

On Thu, 24 Jan 2019, SJ257432 wrote:

> I have tried both make base and make deb. It still fails to execute the
> command. Please find the attached screenshot.

Please do not attach very large screenshots to be send to hunderds of
mailing list subscribers. Also, that does not allow us to quote from it
so putting in the actual text is much better.

Anyway, I installed a fresh vm and did:

sudo su
apt-get install build-essential fakeroot devscripts
wget download.libreswan.org/libreswan-3.27.tar.gz
make deb

This failed due to the README patch, so I just edited
debian/patches/series and removed
./debian/patches/0003-update-README.nss-to-match-debian-defaults-for-IPSEC.patch

Then I ran make deb again. It told me about some more dependencies, so I
ran:

apt-get install bison debhelper dh-systemd flex htmldoc
libaudit-dev libcap-ng-dev libcurl4-nss-dev libevent-dev libkrb5-dev
libldap2-dev libldns-dev libnspr4-dev libnss3-dev libnss3-tools
libpam0g-dev libselinux1-dev libsystemd-dev libunbound-dev man2html
pkg-config po-debconf xmlto

And I ran make deb again, and I got your IPv6 related error. I ran, as I
suggested to you:

echo "USE_GLIBC_KERN_FLIP_HEADERS=true" >Makefile.inc.local

and ran make deb again.

and it worked.