[Swan] Errors while installing libreswan

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Sat Jan 26 16:53:35 UTC 2019

| From: Paul Wouters <paul at nohats.ca>

| Please do not attach very large screenshots to be send to hunderds of
| mailing list subscribers. Also, that does not allow us to quote from it
| so putting in the actual text is much better.

This is good advice.

On top of that, the screen shot show shows the last page of error
messages, but we need to know the first error messages.  And it would be
nice to know the command you issued.

The script(1) command will capture this, as text.

	$ script build.log01
	Script started, file is build.log01
	$ make base
	$ exit
	Script done, file is build.log01

The only slightly awkward part is that the log will have all the
control characters that happen behind the scenes:

- each line will end with CR LF

- lots of editing stuff while you typed in each command.