[Swan] Libreswan on Slackware 14.1

Paul Overton paul at trusted-management.com
Wed Dec 9 17:40:11 UTC 2015

Hello,

I have been a very long term user of freeswan, openswan and libreswan of late. My chosen distribution is Slackware.

I have some units using both 32 bit and 64 bit Slackware 14.1 this has kernel 3.10.17.

I am have added the required missing support libraries. Unbound, libcap-ng, pam.

NSS is directly supported.

Libreswan Version 3.13 compiles and runs without any issues on both 32 and 64bit versions. As does version 3.12. Version 3.10 compiles correctly on 32 an 64 bit versions, but only runs correctly on the 64bit version. Pluto segfaults whilst negotiating IKE on the 32bit compile.

However when I attempt to compile the programs 3.14 or 3.15 I get the following error:

        -o ./lex.yy.o \
        -c /usr/src/libreswan-3.14/OBJ.linux.x86_64/lib/libipsecconf/lex.yy.c
<stdout>: In function 'yy_scan_bytes':
<stdout>:2169:17: error: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Werror=sign-compare]
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
make[3]: *** [lex.yy.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/libreswan-3.14/OBJ.linux.x86_64/lib/libipsecconf'
make[2]: *** [local-base] Error 2

KLIPS compiles OK with all versions.

Could anyone give me a clue as to what changed between 3.13 and 3.14 that would cause this issue ?

Thanks

Paul Overton
Managing Director, Trusted Management Limited

dangerous content by Trusted Management Limited, and is
believed to be clean.