[Swan] Please review: docuemntation of openswan to libreswan migration

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Wed Dec 9 14:45:45 UTC 2015

Hi,

I've expanded the openswan migration document to contain a lot more
information about possible changed behaviour and manual changes needed
for a smooth migration from openswan to libreswan.

If you have done this migration, it would be great if you could have a
look at the document and tell me if you ran into anything that isn't
mentioned on this page:

https://libreswan.org/wiki/HOWTO:_openswan_to_libreswan_migration

Note that this mostly talks about openswan -> libreswan-3.15+

Some people have found issues in migrating with earlier libreswan
versions, which we have addressed since then.

The reason I did the write up is to better support those running
RHEL6 that are going to migrate from openswan to libreswan voluntarily
in RHEL-6.7 (using the Extras channel), or when forced to migrate in
RHEL-6.8.

Thanks!