[Swan] Pluto consumes all available memory

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Wed May 20 23:00:08 EEST 2015

On Wed, 20 May 2015, Will Roberts wrote:

> I have no idea what ElectricFence is, so I'm going to say no. I used the
> libreswan-3.12 source and built a Debian package out of it using the Debian
> scripts that are included.

Okay :)

> Could something have just allocated a lot of memory? So that it's not
> "leaked" and is properly freed on shut down?

Possible yes, but that would be very strange. Do you see memory usage go
up over time gradually, or in giant chunks?

> Is there anything I can dump
> from pluto while it's running to help account for the memory usage? (like a
> heap dump from Java?)

Nothing I can think of. You can try to run things under valgrind I guess
and see?

ipsec _stackmanager start
valgrind /usr/libexec/ipsec/pluto --config /etc/ipsec.conf --nofork

Pssobly when you hit ctrl-c valgrind will give some data?