[Swan] Problem with iPhone/iPad and XAUTH Group ID

Marc-Christian Petersen m.c.p at gmx.de
Fri Mar 28 15:48:20 EET 2014

Hi all,

I'm using Libreswan v3.8 and trying to use XAUTH with GroupID, like
described here: http://vouters.dyndns.org/tima/Linux-Libreswan-Shrew-VPN-Testing_PAM_XAUTH_DHCP_with_Shrew.html

it works with ShrewVPN but not on iPhone/iPad (iOS v4.x-v7.x)

at least on one iPhone I see this log entry:

racoon[16654]: [16654] ERROR: No SIG was passed, hybrid auth is enabled, but peer is no Xauth compliant

I know aggressive mode is insecure and I don't use it but a customer
has to use it, so please don't tell me aggressive mode is insecure ;)

XAUTH with PSK just works fine.

Thanks!

--
Kind regards