[Swan] bandwidth usage

Bob Miller bob at computerisms.ca
Fri Mar 21 19:51:55 EET 2014

sorry my last reply didn't go to the list, will have to be more diligent
about checking the to line of the mail.

> > This is interesting.  Is this data stored somewhere in /proc or /sys
> > such that I can query it regularly?
>
> I don't know. If so, it would be in "ip xfrm policy" or "ip xfrm state"
> with some additional verbosity options (and a lack of documentation :)

Okay, will see what I can find about that...

> > Can any more information besides
> > direction of the traffic be figured out (ie dst for LAN vs dst for web)?
> > or am I still having to rely on iptables to track that level of detail?
>
> No, but you could setup separate tunnels per port, eg:

I have been driving this idea around the little dirt track in my mind, I
didn't realize protoport could be used in such a way...  I am still
thinking on how to apply it to my situation.

Thanks for your input Paul, much appreciated...