[Swan] initial thoughts on uncrustifying libreswan

Paul Wouters pwouters at redhat.com
Fri May 24 00:15:32 EEST 2013

On Thu, 23 May 2013, David McCullough wrote:

>  I don't want the logging removed :-)

However, I would prefer if we could bring the number of logging
functions down to perhaps two or three? I think we might actually
have more then a dozen now :)

libreswan_log(), loglog(), DBG_log(), plog(), whack_log(), syslog(),
exit_log(), nss_symkey_log), log_errno(), exit_log_errno(), log_debug(),
log_fatal(), log_mpidump()

Specifically, the duplicate logging fuctions in programs/pluto/log.[ch]
and lib/libswan/lswlog.[ch]  (both of same name, eg loglog())

Note, if we drop support for #undef DEBUG, then the DBG_log() might
be able to get simplified as well?