[Swan-dev] testing: swan-prep break on conflicting config files

Antony Antony antony at phenome.org
Thu Sep 24 16:55:57 UTC 2020

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 05:07:27PM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Sep 2020 at 15:32, Antony Antony <antony at phenome.org> wrote:
>
>     Andrew,
>
>     after a closer look I see l2tp and ppp configuration file could be in the
>     form 'hostname + "." + config_file' in the test directory.
>
>     ikev1-l2tp-01/north.xl2tpd.conf
>
>     they are not copied using the function that got fixed in 1e0b14ec0b.
>      Now I am confused why this commit added 'hostname + "." + config_file'
>     That seems wrong to me. Why do we need it?
>

> Because northxl2tpd.conf is something I'd never guess.  There should be only
> two choices:
>    north.xl2tpd.conf
>    xl2tpd.conf

It is a good logic, however, historically there is west.conf instead of
west.ipsec.conf now 1e0b14ec0b20c3 makeing it messy by allowing
west.ipsec.conf.

I noticed after 1e0b14ec0b west.ipsec.conf has a higher priority without
checking for conflicting west.conf or ipsec.conf. If more than one exist
swan-prep should detect a conflict and bail out. Before 1e0b14ec0b
west.ipsec.conf would never get copied and there was conflict check between
west.conf and ipsec.conf
I checked with v3.32. 1e0b14ec0b introduce a clear regression which should
be fixed.

It is too dangerous to allow both west.conf and west.ipsec.conf coexist in
test case.

Either propose a plan to migrate all conf files new format, host.<conffile>
or revert supporting west.ipsec.conf.

off the top of my head we will have to move
west.conf => west.ipsec.conf
west.secrets => west.ipsec.secrets
weststrongswan.conf  => weststrongswan.conf
westswanctl.conf => west.swanctl.conf

then we have exceptions like
certoe-03-poc-whack/road-ikev2-oe.conf
ikev1-l2tp-01/east.xl2tpd.conf

quick look also show more ood balls popping up.
addconn-04/bomb.conf

openbsde.conf
openbsdw.conf
./ikev2-ddns-02/west-unbound.conf