[Swan-dev] test domain interface changes

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 03:16:48 UTC 2020

On Fri, 4 Sep 2020 at 22:40, Paul Wouters <paul at nohats.ca> wrote:

> On Sep 4, 2020, at 15:59, Andrew Cagney <andrew.cagney at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I'd like to make the following changes to the domains:
> >
> > - make eth0 swandefault across all domains
> >  this makes getting to the real domain and host much exier (OpenBSD
> > is already using swandefault when NFS mounting /testing)
>
> But then eth0 is never used in tests ?

OpenBSD is using its dedicated <swandefault> interface to directly NFS
mount /testing.  It doesn't need nic.  We think it will work when
there are multiple instances of obsde et.al.

I don't see why we shouldn't make this pervasive, and use <interface>0
so it is memorable.

> Currently all eth0’s and eth1’s have direct access to nic at 192.1.[23].254
>
> > - give all domains access to all internal networks, and with the same ifname
> >  this way, if east/west use eth1 then you know they are on the same
> > physical network
>
> But we want east and west with eth0 in the same network and with eth1 not on the same network ?

So don't enable the network.  It's one thing to have the network
wired, another to have it enabled.

Here's the current assignments.  Read it as <host> <eth0> <eth1> ...
(is 192_1_2_4 used):

$ for f in testing/libvirt/vm/* ; do d=$(basename $f) ; echo $d $(grep
'source network' testing/libvirt/vm/$d | sed -e "s/[^']*'//" -e
"s/'.*//") ; done
east 192_0_2 192_1_2
nic 192_1_2 192_1_3 swandefault
north 192_0_3 192_1_3
openbsde 192_1_2 192_0_2 swandefault
openbsdw 192_1_2 192_0_1 swandefault
road 192_1_3
west 192_0_1 192_1_2

we could at least have east, west, and nic use the same interface for
192_1_2, for instance:
0: swandefault
1: 192_1_2
2: the other interface