[Swan-dev] Kernel 5.6.18-300.fc32.x86_64 VS Kernel 5.6.14-300.fc32.x86_64

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Fri Jun 19 22:00:35 UTC 2020

On Thu, 18 Jun 2020, Andrew Cagney wrote:

> Rebuilding the testing VMs seems to have introduced a failure vis:
>
> pre-rebuild:https://testing.libreswan.org/v3.30-1022-g4bd4d18c0f-master/newoe-04-pass-pass/OUTPUT/
>
> post-rebuild (which has the effect of upgrading everything):
> https://testing.libreswan.org/v3.30-1023-g5e4995c608-master/newoe-04-pass-pass/OUTPUT/road.console.diff
> yes consecutive commits and nothing changed.
>
> the key difference, I'm assuming, is the kernel (however, it could be something else).

It is caused by nic losing the IP info on its eth1.
Which is because it is racing with eth0. Since it tries to add the route
to a network for which it needs eth0, eth1 fails. Then eth0 establishes.

I think the race is caused by having NetworkManager and systemd-networkd.
On nic, run: rpm -e NetworkManager

That fixed it for me on my laptop.