[Swan-dev] regarding: testing: adding missing : ==== end ==== to nicinit

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Wed Jan 29 09:28:27 UTC 2020

On Wed, 29 Jan 2020, Antony Antony wrote:

>> I'm happy to do this after the 3.30 release.
>>
>> Just to be very sure, is there anything needing the initdone markers
>> still? A grep in testing/utils/* shows nothing. If no one can think of
>> anything, I will also take those out when I do this work.
>
> I am confused. Are you proposing remove markers now?

I'm not doing anything until we have released 3.30.

> currently the markers are in use about 280 tests in nicinit.sh.
> Please don't remove those yet. they will all need "hostname nic" hack in the
> final.sh. That does not seems like a good idea to me! Once the testrunners
> stop running final.sh on nic we can re-visit removing the marker. Until then
> I hope you don't remvoe the marker! If you testruns likely to be unstable.
>
> The 18 or so thests whithout the markers I suggest we add marker
> until runner is updated. Then we are consistnt.

I wasn't planning on changing any tests right now - the hostname method
works fine for now, as it works with kvm and namespaces.

> I think the current issue is we copy tests and then tests without mkarkers
> multiply.

since the markers dont seem to do anything anymore, I at least tend to
clean them out when trying to keep tests as simple as possible.

Anyway, don't worry. I'm not doing anything right now.