[Swan-dev] Virtio-fs

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 16:32:10 UTC 2020

Well, a bit of a segway.

Thanks to your efforts our tests are far more stable and this has
allowed me to increase testing's workload (the reason runs went from
3.5 to 2.5 hours is that I upped the # parallel boots).  However, it's
also exposed what I suspect is yet another problem with 9p.   On very
rare occasions - we're talking once every 5 or so runs -  a test fails
to boot.  For instance:

https://testing.libreswan.org/v3.28-1473-g1b0f13544a-master/nflog-01-global/OUTPUT/

<cagney> [    6.345150] FS-Cache: Netfs '9p' registered for caching
<cagney> [FAILED] Failed to mount /testing.\r
<cagney> See 'systemctl status testing.mount' for details.\r
<cagney> [DEPEND] Dependency failed for Local File Systems.\r
<cagney> [DEPEND] Dependency failed for Mark\u2026 need to relabel
after reboot.\r
<cagney> You are in emergency mode. After logging in, type "journalctl
-xb" to view
<cagney> system logs, "systemctl reboot" to reboot, "systemctl
default" or "exit"
<cagney> to boot into default mode.

I guess I should file a bug.  However, I'm not sure where; and I'm not
sure how helpful the above is for details :-)