[Swan-dev] expirimental : ipsec device/interface aka XFRMi

Antony Antony antony at phenome.org
Wed Jan 22 14:23:30 UTC 2020

On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 08:47:47AM -0500, Paul Wouters wrote:

> > > That is not how our parser works normally.
> >
> > I am not sure what your are implying here.
>
> That we have numbers and set interpretations. A number without prefix is
> never considered hex but only dec. Anything that takes a number as input
> can take hex as input by prefacing it with 0x
>
> > since the parser works I am inclined to keep it this way for now.
>
> I prefer not having one option that has special digits handling and meaning
> that other options do not have or use.

> > I have a feeling we misunderstood the parser. Atleast I did, now I
> > realizing
> > there is way to get yes|no|<n> or yes|no|unique|<n> to work.
>
> I still believe yes/no is not appropriate here. As for using numbers or
> %unique, we already have that being used for the mark keyword(s) in the
> parser. So that functionality is already there.

I disagree. I think no|yes|<n> is cleaner for this kind of option.
Hence I choose the new convention.

> > > While you mention looking at the issue I found, you didn't answer about
> > > my provided patch. Is it correct? Is it wrong? Is there a better way?
> > > Will it be okay to use before merge?
> >
> > I don't know which patch your are talking about. please point me to swan-dev
> > archive?
>
> https://lists.libreswan.org/pipermail/swan-dev/2020-January/003540.html

> > Some of the private e-mails you send didn't match any git refereces
> > I have.
>
> You privately asked to send the message publicly, so I did.
>
> > May be the code moved on you. If you are re-sending one please make
> > sure the diff to current xfrmi branch.
>
> I just checked and the code has not changed. I will try later today or
> tomorrow to confirm the patch is still needed but it seems very likely.

thanks for digging out the patch.
as far as I see the code changed. next hop and route issues you mentioned
are resolved.

Please test with latest code and let me know. It is better to investigate
before the merge.

to be sure you have the right branch, I advise to check CommitDate it should
atleast the following.

git show --format=fuller
CommitDate: Wed Jan 22 14:18:32 2020 +0000