[Swan-dev] expirimental : ipsec device/interface aka XFRMi

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Wed Jan 22 13:47:47 UTC 2020

On Wed, 22 Jan 2020, Antony Antony wrote:

>>> Note 0x is necessary.
>>
>> That is not how our parser works normally.
>
> I am not sure what your are implying here.

That we have numbers and set interpretations. A number without prefix is
never considered hex but only dec. Anything that takes a number as input
can take hex as input by prefacing it with 0x

> since the parser works I am inclined to keep it this way for now.

I prefer not having one option that has special digits handling and meaning
that other options do not have or use.

> I have a feeling we misunderstood the parser. Atleast I did, now I realizing
> there is way to get yes|no|<n> or yes|no|unique|<n> to work.

I still believe yes/no is not appropriate here. As for using numbers or
%unique, we already have that being used for the mark keyword(s) in the
parser. So that functionality is already there.

https://lists.libreswan.org/pipermail/swan-dev/2020-January/003540.html

> Some of the private e-mails you send didn't match any git refereces
> I have.

You privately asked to send the message publicly, so I did.

> May be the code moved on you. If you are re-sending one please make
> sure the diff to current xfrmi branch.

I just checked and the code has not changed. I will try later today or
tomorrow to confirm the patch is still needed but it seems very likely.