[Swan-dev] whack_log() or loglog(); Re: [Swan-commit] Changes to ref refs/heads/master

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 13:49:18 UTC 2020

On Tue, 18 Feb 2020 at 14:25, Paul Wouters <paul at vault.libreswan.fi> wrote:

> New commits:
> commit b9c1086c7a86f38e3f4fbc6b596b70d404f22a2a
> Author: Paul Wouters <pwouters at redhat.com>
> Date:   Tue Feb 18 14:25:10 2020 -0500
>
>     pluto: change two log messages into a whack_log()
>
>     side effect, fixes compile without FIPS :P

For show commands whack_log() is right.  However when the whack
command is trying to modify internal state I think it should always
leave something in the main log file.
Currently we can be left with no hint of what did or did not happen.

(the related change is to, when debugging is enabled, write any
whack-only output to the log file as a debug log so we can again see
what's going on)