[Swan-dev] remove pfkey checks from pluto and startup scripts

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Fri May 3 16:48:55 UTC 2019

On Fri, 3 May 2019, Antony Antony wrote:

> thanks for digging out more cruft. I tested with pfkey disabled. Now seems
> basic things work.
>

> I am confused about your patch. It seems to mix up renaming and removal
> pfkey together.
> I sugest we split these. So far I have 4 patches for functionality.

Sure, it can be split.

Note that 0001-pfkey.patch and 0002-pfkey.patch are wrong. If you looked
at my patch you could see that I replaced the checks for /proc/net/pfkey
with a check for /proc/net/xfrm_stat. That way we can still report an
error if the XFRM code is not loaded and could not be modprobed. Similar
to the original code.

Note that now I am looking at 0004-pfkey.patch, we surely got into more
complicated changes, and I no longer think this should go into 3.28.