[Swan-dev] remove pfkey checks from pluto and startup scripts

Antony Antony antony at phenome.org
Fri May 3 17:13:26 UTC 2019

On Fri, May 03, 2019 at 12:48:55PM -0400, Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Fri, 3 May 2019, Antony Antony wrote:
>
> > thanks for digging out more cruft. I tested with pfkey disabled. Now seems
> > basic things work.
> >

> > I am confused about your patch. It seems to mix up renaming and removal
> > pfkey together.
> > I sugest we split these. So far I have 4 patches for functionality.
>
> Sure, it can be split.
>
> Note that 0001-pfkey.patch and 0002-pfkey.patch are wrong. If you looked
> at my patch you could see that I replaced the checks for /proc/net/pfkey
> with a check for /proc/net/xfrm_stat. That way we can still report an
> error if the XFRM code is not loaded and could not be modprobed. Similar
> to the original code.

I did. that is what I meant 5th patch in e-mail.

> Note that now I am looking at 0004-pfkey.patch, we surely got into more
> complicated changes, and I no longer think this should go into 3.28.

sure! It can wait. 0004-pfkey.patch to me looks like a contained to patch,
change one function. So it is easy to test.

My prefrence is small patches, contain to minimal relevent chagnes.
I am happy re-work 0001-pfkey.patch and 0002-pfkey.patch incorprate relevent
chagnes from your big patch.  If we agree to split up as I proposed.

-antony