[Swan-dev] simple setup

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Fri Oct 5 17:06:51 UTC 2018

On Fri, 5 Oct 2018, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:

> To be at feature-parity with WireGuard, we don't need to interoperate.
> Simple(!!!) libreswan to libreswan is what is required.

The Wireguard is feature is not having features. They will grow their
warts later on in life.

> Did I say "simple" often enough?

We could surely create an interactive cmdline tool that generates
an /etc/ipsec.d/example.conf file for them. We did create a webgui
tool for a Remote Access VPN which we are polishing up now for
release.

I agree with Kim that our website is more sysadmin focused then
enduser focused and we can improve there. That's a topic for next
week's devel meeting :)