[Swan-dev] Clearing the deck for the f28 switch ...

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 21:55:49 UTC 2018

On Mon, 30 Jul 2018 at 16:38, Paul Wouters <paul at nohats.ca> wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Jul 2018, Andrew Cagney wrote:
>
> >> Please don’t.
> >>
> >> Some tests were put in wip when they shouldn’t have been are were neglected as a result.
> >
> > I don't follow.
> >
> > Surely any test that consistently fails is going to get ignored.
>
> But less so when they dont appear anywhere whatsoever or are deleted.
> Some tests were moved to WIP against my wishes :P

I'll post the list in a new thread.

> > Where the problem lies is when those failing tests are mixed in with
> > tests that should pass.  Firtly, the test process is made needlessly
> > slower, secondly, they add even more noise to the results making it
> > even harder to find identify real failures.
>
> I agree, but it all really depends on why the test is WIP.
>
> >> We should only delete tests after confirming they don’t test anything useful anymore.
> >>
> >> Some tests as wip pending code and should not be deleted
> >
> > I've not suggested deleting wip tests.  Just doing something with
> > tests that do not even appear in TESTLIST.
>
> Those that do not appear on TESTLIST should be checked why not. So who
> put them in, do they have a directory they forgot to git add ?
>
> I'm okay with notifying test owners of missing tests they have 1-2 weeks
> to fix or the TESTLIST entry will be removed.

I'm talking about the reverse.  What looks like a directory under
testing/pluto/ but with NO corresponding TESTLIST entry.

I'll post a list in a new thread.

> But I don't agree to the same for WIP tests that are in git :P
>
> After this week, I would like to know what "we" are going to do. Bring
> in more code changes first or migrate testing to f28 first. I'm still
> confuses what "our" plan is. I'm still sitting on the TCP code pending
> this.

I've published an f28 test run on testing.libreswan.org so we've now
got something we can discuss.

Since it contained some obvious white space issues, I'm fixing those.
Once that is done I'll post a new result.