[Swan-dev] Clearing the deck for the f28 switch ...

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 20:16:08 UTC 2018

On Sat, 28 Jul 2018 at 11:46, Paul Wouters <paul at nohats.ca> wrote:

> Please don’t.
>
> Some tests were put in wip when they shouldn’t have been are were neglected as a result.

I don't follow.

Surely any test that consistently fails is going to get ignored.
Where the problem lies is when those failing tests are mixed in with
tests that should pass.  Firtly, the test process is made needlessly
slower, secondly, they add even more noise to the results making it
even harder to find identify real failures.

> We should only delete tests after confirming they don’t test anything useful anymore.
>
> Some tests as wip pending code and should not be deleted

I've not suggested deleting wip tests.  Just doing something with
tests that do not even appear in TESTLIST.