[Swan-dev] feature macros [was Re: puzzled by addcon's use of resolve_defaultroute]

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Mon Jul 23 16:20:43 UTC 2018

| From: Andrew Cagney <andrew.cagney at gmail.com>

| BTW, as a general rule - learnt from autoconf - test for a feature and
| not for the OS..

Absolutely.  (I learned this from experience, before autoconf.  It's nice
to learn things from a less painful teacher than experience.)

Sometimes code evolution deviates from this.  Or leaves some feature
macros unused.  Just label this technical deficit and deal with it.

One thing that I reject from Agile is calling this over-engineering.
But sometimes it is.