[Swan-dev] diagnostics from confread

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Mon Jul 9 22:49:03 UTC 2018

On Mon, 9 Jul 2018, Antony Antony wrote:

> my recollection is there are a bunch of printf() calls in that code. Addcon's stdout/stderr do not end up pluto's log, as configured in the configuration file.
> there was an and attempt to split log functions for pluto and lib. And we are probably undoing that now.

Yes, there used to be a bunch of seams and wrappers around the logging
code in lib/ but I think libipsecconf didn't ever really use it, unlike
lib/libswan et all.

> When a connection is configured with auto=add/start addconn messages vanish.

Indeed.

> Pluto fork the addconn. However, addconn has some magic to read where log goes?

I don't think addconn has anything. But most output caused by addconn
comes from whack/pluto, so it ends up being processed regularly.

> another one I re-collect stdout/sterr of up-down script. This I am not too sure. However, easy to create a test case.

that actually does appear in the logs. I have no idea about the
framework that does it though :)