[Swan-dev] diagnostics from confread

Antony Antony antony at phenome.org
Mon Jul 9 16:07:41 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jul 09, 2018 at 02:12:52AM -0400, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> I've just pushed an improvement in how confread handles diagnostics.

It sounds good. I won't be surprised if it shake up several test outputs.

> Test testing/pluto/ikev2-asymmetric-01-parsing will now fail.  I don't
> know what we should hope for here.  Some errors are being reported by
> two different mechanisms.  I don't know which report to eliminate.
>
> I've been told that in some cases confread errors just disappear.  Can
> someone remind me when and why this happens?  I think that these

my recollection is there are a bunch of printf() calls in that code. Addcon's stdout/stderr do not end up pluto's log, as configured in the configuration file.
there was an and attempt to split log functions for pluto and lib. And we are probably undoing that now.

when I re-factored a bit of addconn code to lib/libipsecconf/addr_lookup.c I noticed a bunch of printf calls.

When a connection is configured with auto=add/start addconn messages vanish.
Pluto fork the addconn. However, addconn has some magic to read where log goes?

another one I re-collect stdout/sterr of up-down script. This I am not too sure. However, easy to create a test case.

> changes may make it easy to fix this.

-antony