[Swan-dev] config file diagnostics

Antony Antony antony at phenome.org
Mon Jul 3 07:58:19 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jul 03, 2017 at 01:44:59AM -0400, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> I've been playing with confread.c
>
> I've made it complain when an also= cannot be found.

sounds great. It would nice to resolve this.

> Now lots of tests fail.
>
> Example problem:
> testing/baseconfigs/all/etc/ipsec.d
> contains several "also=us"
> but there is no "conn us".

in some cases I see them in test directory. Did you look in the test
directory?  eg. in basic-pluto-01-valgrind/east.conf it is not a "good"
test.

conn us
	rightsubnet=192.0.2.0/24

I am just saying "conn us" could be in the test config file.

aslo looking  git blame v3.1 ./basic-pluto-01/east.conf I notice those.
It seems 25f4be69 found those un-necessary.

may be create a branch with your change and celanup the test cases to comply.
Would this generate warning with readwriteconf? I think readwriteconf should
be able to expand just the necessary connections that addconn/pluto can
load.

-antony