[Swan-dev] why remove USERLAND_CFLAGS+=-DDEFAULT_DNSSEC_ROOTKEY_FILE

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Thu Aug 24 16:18:20 UTC 2017

On Wed, 23 Aug 2017, Antony Antony wrote:

> Why is commit e0a15de removing DEFAULT_DNSSEC_ROOTKEY_FILE from
> USERLAND_CFLAGS. The compile time option is necessary for Debian, pluto need
> the defined value.
>
> USERLAND_CFLAGS+=-DDEFAULT_DNSSEC_ROOTKEY_FILE=\"${DEFAULT_DNSSEC_ROOTKEY_FILE}\"

It is now set using DEFAULT_DNSSEC_ROOTKEY_FILE which has a builtin
default? So you can still set it to build on debian, but you don't have
to tweak USERLAND_CFLAGS for it.

> After the commit e0a15de DEFAULT_DNSSEC_ROOTKEY_FILE seems to be unused.
> It breaks on Debian default settings.

That should not happen. I'll look into that today.

> The rest of changes to USE_DNSSEC looks a bit confusing too. Is it a git
> accident?

no? :)

> If USE_DNSSEC is false printing <unused> looks confusing to me. Ideally I
> would put an ifdef around it and do not show.

My preference is for unused, so that we can tell the difference between
output from old versions that do not support this at all, and versions
that support setting it to a value or not.

> This is fine tuning, but
> fixing USERLAND_CFLAGS is essential.

I think possibly it is not broken, but the method of setting it changed
and I didn't update that in the debian/ files.