[Swan-dev] why remove USERLAND_CFLAGS+=-DDEFAULT_DNSSEC_ROOTKEY_FILE

Antony Antony antony at phenome.org
Wed Aug 23 21:36:16 UTC 2017

Hi Paul,
Why is commit e0a15de removing DEFAULT_DNSSEC_ROOTKEY_FILE from
USERLAND_CFLAGS. The compile time option is necessary for Debian, pluto need
the defined value.

USERLAND_CFLAGS+=-DDEFAULT_DNSSEC_ROOTKEY_FILE=\"${DEFAULT_DNSSEC_ROOTKEY_FILE}\"

After the commit e0a15de DEFAULT_DNSSEC_ROOTKEY_FILE seems to be unused.
It breaks on Debian default settings.

The rest of changes to USE_DNSSEC looks a bit confusing too. Is it a git
accident?
If USE_DNSSEC is false printing <unused> looks confusing to me. Ideally I
would put an ifdef around it and do not show. This is fine tuning, but
fixing USERLAND_CFLAGS is essential.

regards,
-antony