[Swan-dev] Two identical networks

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Sat May 21 16:03:08 UTC 2016

Part question, part FYI.

It turns out that cloning the borg (i.e., duplicating the test domain
collective), is both easy and fast.

Where things break down is in the networking.  At present the networks
and bridges are all visible and have static addresses.  Trying to
duplicate this, keeping our borgs isolated, fails.  Funny enough virsh
doesn't let us create two bridge interfaces where each has the same
static addresses.

I believe the "fix" is to use
https://libvirt.org/formatnetwork.html#examplesNoGateway or
https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch06.html#network_internal but that
means no automatic routing between bridges and that, in turn, means
adding a "hub" VM (or adding to NAT's convoluted and growing task
load).

Is this true, or is there another way?  I also suspect that docker
et.al. will have the same problem?

Andrew