[Swan-dev] [Testing] Test Suite & Docker

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Mon May 16 14:37:28 UTC 2016

On Mon, 16 May 2016, Andrew Cagney wrote:

> - file transfer can be performed using virsh and the console
> - heck, even VirtualBox has a userland file system, so, to speak
> generally, the lack of support for this feature is, er, troubling

Yeah, it kept us on uml for a long long time. 9p was the first real
alternative we could use and we then moved to kvm

> Wrt FIPS, it is technicall straight forward to boot a VM into fips
> mode, just never done it.

It is not, because you cannot trivially tell libvirt/virsh to add
"fips=1" to the command line AFAIK.

> One thing I forgot, regardless of the framework, the thing I really
> find frustrating is not being able to run two testsuites in parallel.

I added a note for that. It is one of the more important things IMHO,
so we reduce the test run from hours to maybe an hour.