[Swan-dev] [Testing] Test Suite & Docker

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Mon May 16 14:03:57 UTC 2016

On 15 May 2016 at 11:28, Ondrej Moris <omoris at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> On 05/12/2016 05:01 PM, Andrew Cagney wrote:
>> Here's a brain dump:
>>
>> - yes 9p is isn't reliable, and it seems to be getting worse; I really
>> wonder about eliminating 9p and using copy/rsync/clone instead, this
>> might fit better with docker
>
> Well, that would mean introducing some additional networking between
> guests and hosts, right? I think that might lead to various new
> problems, for instance you have to ensure that ipsec does not interfere
> with networking needed for guest->host synchronization

No:

- file transfer can be performed using virsh and the console
- heck, even VirtualBox has a userland file system, so, to speak
generally, the lack of support for this feature is, er, troubling

but we're getting off topic:

Wrt FIPS, it is technicall straight forward to boot a VM into fips
mode, just never done it.

One thing I forgot, regardless of the framework, the thing I really
find frustrating is not being able to run two testsuites in parallel.

I see others have already addressed the other points.