[Swan-dev] tests referring to source

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 15:44:25 UTC 2016

I've noticed a few of the tests playing around in the /source
directory (the latest example is basic-pluto-00 but it isn't the first
:-).    I'd like to avoid this.  I think it would be better to have
tests stick to either the local directory's files; or stuff previously
installed (even if it is with a special test-install target).

Beyond my immediate problem of not having a standard /source, this
"dogma" (only test what you install) should help us long term:

- test binaries are built up-front, and, hence, are more likely to be maintained

- packagers can bundle the test binaries opening the possibility of
running libreswan's testsuite against a packaged install

Andrew