[Swan-dev] should final.sh shut down pluto?

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Sun Jun 26 01:49:33 UTC 2016

I'm quite unhappy about uncaptured core files.  At the moment, I'm
not willing to say what a good solution would be.

I did learn from Andrew that this is probably only due to the core being
generated during shutdown (or perhaps something else in final.sh).
Here's what he said in IRC:

<cagney> DHR, if pluto isn't explicitly shutdown (by final.sh) then both kvmrunner
	and swantest miss asserts generated while pluto shuts down as part of the
	KVM shutdown.  I sent something a while ago about this to the mailing
	list, issue is still open
<cagney> same, but worse, can apply to core dumps

<antony> cagney swantest run with  TESTLIST should catch that
<antony> 2091     if "is_testlist" in st:
<antony> 2092         e = shut_down_hosts(args, test_hosts)