[Swan-dev] [Swan-commit] Changes to ref refs/heads/master

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 17:39:56 EET 2015

>> Can you be specific?  If there's something that can't be done with
>> Makefile.inc.local then we've a bug.  Those files, what ever the
>> location, really should be read-only.
>

> Thinking about it again, it's fine. As long as we update the reference
> in the top level Makefile to explain mk/config.mk and mk/local.mk
>
> The release script sets Makefile.ver to the proper version number. I
> guess no one but scripts need to know about this, so the location
> could actually also remain in mk/version.mk

Yes, as things currently stand:

- overwrite mk/version.mk (bad, but works)

- add the line (good):
  IPSECBASEVERSION=what-ever-it-wants
to Makefile.inc.local

- invoke make with (not so good):
   make IPSECBASEVERSION=what-ever-it-wants

Andrew

PS: we can now do this:
  $ grep IPSECBASEVERSION mk/*
so tracking down what is happening is much easier!