[Swan-dev] testing, testing

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Sun Jun 14 18:38:32 EEST 2015

| From: Paul Wouters <paul at nohats.ca>

| On Sun, 14 Jun 2015, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
|
| > 31 lines were unique.
| > 256 appeared twice.
| >
| > Why the heck are tests being run twice?  When will it stop?
|
| Because you crossed the date line at midnight ?

That would be a dumb reason, but a reason.  It doesn't explain why
more than an hour's worth of tests (256 and counting) had been repeated.

| > Is there a better command for me to use?
|
| I use: cd testing/pluto ; find . -name OUTPUT | xargs rm -rf ;
| ../utils/swantest
|
| I'm not sure if it suffers the same problem.

It doesn't do a clean build.

It doesn't do tests in the defined order.

It doesn't respect TESTLIST except by accident.

"make clean" will interfere with this since it removes all OUTPUT
directories (grrr).