[Swan-dev] testing, testing

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Sun Jun 14 19:16:16 EEST 2015

On Sun, 14 Jun 2015, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:

> | > Is there a better command for me to use?
> |
> | I use: cd testing/pluto ; find . -name OUTPUT | xargs rm -rf ;
> | ../utils/swantest
> |
> | I'm not sure if it suffers the same problem.
>
> It doesn't do a clean build.

I do that manually beforehand.

> It doesn't do tests in the defined order.
>
> It doesn't respect TESTLIST except by accident.

Yes it does? It uses TESTLIST and the TESTLIST order. In fact,
often I change TESTLIST, eg now when I wanted to peek at the
liveness tests first and put those at the top.

> "make clean" will interfere with this since it removes all OUTPUT
> directories (grrr).

I don't use make clean. I do a fresh install by firing up the VMs
and run rm -rf OBJ* and make programs install on one box, and issue
make install on the others. Yes, lots of secret sauce :(
The "make UPDATE=1 check" works but I only do it when I leave the
machine for half a day (or night) and I dont care about existing OUTPUT
directories on it (which I manually purge beforehand)