[Swan-dev] testing: confused by OUTPUT directory fate

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Sat Jul 25 20:20:26 EEST 2015

Another odd clue.

About a month ago, I wanted to save the OUTPUT files under
testing/pluto/*
before they would be eaten by the scripts. So I created parallel
directories called OUTPUT.yuck.

Every run since then has created copies of OUTPUT.yuck directories
within ~/results.

Perhaps the scripts are blindly copying everything under the
individual test's directory.

libreswan/testing has several subdirectories.  Most are for a specific
kind of test.  One is pluto, for pluto tests.  This distinction is not
carried over into ~/results.  Only tests under pluto are represented.
Why?  Non-pluto tests ought to be run and recorded too.  If not now,
eventually.