[Swan-dev] understanding output of the tests

Matt Rogers mrogers at redhat.com
Wed Apr 2 18:01:24 EEST 2014

On Wed, Apr 02, 2014 at 12:10:38AM -0400, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> ================
>
> Some prompts and commands don't seem to line up properly.  This would
> seem to be a challenge to the integrity of the tests.  Here's an
> example from my current run of basic-pluto-01:
>
>  west #
> - ipsec auto --up  westnet-eastnet
> + #ipsec auto --up  westnet-eastnet
> +west #
> + ipsec whack --name westnet-eastnet --initiate
> +002 "westnet-eastnet" #1: initiating Main Mode
>  104 "westnet-eastnet" #1: STATE_MAIN_I1: initiate

I think these are mostly artifacts from the expect commands, I'm not sure how to
fix them though. Maybe it would be better if we had a way to define the text to
pull out of the console output and compare it with the expected output. If we
only compared exact snippets it would cut down on false failures, and could be
resistant to unrelated changes in the status output.

Matt