[Swan] libreswan client sending local ip as traffic selector

Marc Marc at f1-outsourcing.eu
Tue Mar 12 12:14:36 EET 2024

I currently have both the strongswan and libreswan client on linux. Both I only configure via the gnome desktop network manager.

I prefer not to change anything on the vpn server side, which has ts 192.168.a.0/26

Vital to get the strongswan client working is enabling a check box virtual ip, then the clients gets something like ts 192.168.a.203/32

I like to get the libreswan to connect as well. Currently I have that it is constantly trying to force(?) the local ip address as traffic selector 192.168.b.x/32.

What client setting prevents from requesting the local ip as ts, and just asks/waits for it to be assigned?