[Swan] default config that works with recent android/win10/win11/macos/ios

John Crisp jcrisp at safeandsoundit.co.uk
Thu Feb 29 01:32:14 EET 2024

On 28 February 2024 20:57:30 CET, Marc via Swan <swan at lists.libreswan.org> wrote:
>Where can I find a working and tested config, that offers vpn connectivity with the os default clients of android, win10, win11, macos and ios? (maybe put this on some wiki/example page)

Not sure there is one as the variations in systems are almost infinite.

Net to net, client to net, NAT, no NAT, IPv4/6, routing, firewalling etc etc. See the examples below.

Other VPNs generally have the same issues. I'm dealing right now with a complicated intransigent openvpn setup. I'd prefer Libreswan, but in this particular scenario it would not suit. Horses for courses.

These should get you started. Pretty sure they are open to improvements if you have some.

https://libreswan.org/

https://libreswan.org/wiki/Configuration_examples

https://libreswan.org/man/ipsec.conf.5.html

https://github.com/libreswan/libreswan