[Swan] Question About The eID Card Signatures

Mirsad Goran Todorovac mirsad.todorovac at alu.unizg.hr
Wed Jun 28 20:56:17 EEST 2023

Hi,

This is OT, but I turned to you as to experts on cryptography and privacy issues.

I wondered about the security of the contracts signed with eID and who might be in
possession of the secret RSA key on smartcards used.

Are there any chances that we might use something like the Perfect Forward Secrecy
in the algorithm used?

(Meaning, the breach of the secret key would not compromise past signed contracts.)

In other word, the rogue government official or rogue owner of the root certificate
or some black hacker hacking them would not be sufficient to forge a contract which
"we signed" with non-repudiation contract or financial obligations?

I also understood that RSA signatures are being cracked in square root Q(sqrt(2**n))
time, so are there any plans to introduce elliptic curve or quantum-resistant
certificates any time soon?

Thank you,
Mirsad Todorovac