[Swan] libreswan inside local network with NAT (left) - MacOS roadwarrior (right)

Rodrigo Gruppelli grupis at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 21:19:23 EET 2022

Hey Paul, thanks for your answer...

Em dom., 30 de out. de 2022 às 19:42, Paul Wouters <paul at nohats.ca>
escreveu:

> Yes, use the IKEv2 road warrior setup examples and forward port 500,4500
> UDP.

You're talking about this example?
https://libreswan.org/wiki/VPN_server_for_remote_clients_using_IKEv2

Below is the configuration I wrote... based on my scenario described in the
first email, is it correct?

When I create the VPN connection inside the MacOS Network Preferences,
inside authentication settings, I have the following options, but I can
make no sense of any:
- user authentication: then it asks the username and password. What
user/pass?
- certificate authentication: then it shows 2 certificates to choose:
com.apple.systemdefault and com.apple.kerberos.kdc ....
- none: then it shows a field for a pre-shared key... (what pre-shared
key?) or to choose one of the certificates above.

Am I missing some information? I'm kind of lost here...
Could you explain the steps with more details?

Cheers,
Rodrigo

conn ikev2-cp
        left=192.168.0.101
        leftcert=gruppelli
        leftid=@gruppelli
        leftsendcert=always
        leftsubnet=192.168.0.0/24
        leftrsasigkey=%cert

        right=%any
        rightaddresspool=192.168.0.1-192.168.0.254
        rightca=%same
        rightrsasigkey=%cert

        narrowing=yes
        dpddelay=30