[Swan] Configuring L2TP client using NetworkManager

Josh jvpn at use.startmail.com
Thu Jun 2 20:44:36 EEST 2022

Hello Paul,

You are correct. I found instructions from a random VPN provider:

https://www.rapidvpn.com/setup-vpn-l2tp-ubuntu
https://www.rapidvpn.com/setup-vpn-l2tp-fedora

Ubuntu 20 uses strongswan for l2tp/ipsec and connects to keenetic l2tp
server just fine.
Fedora 36 uses libreswan and connection to the same instance fails with
error messages matching

https://lists.libreswan.org/pipermail/swan/2017/002022.html

Could anyone suggest any debugging steps?

Josh.