[Swan] [Swan-announce] libreswan-4.7 released, bufix release and EAPTLS support

Mirsad Goran Todorovac mirsad.todorovac at alu.unizg.hr
Wed May 25 17:05:42 EEST 2022

Hello all,

I can confirm successful compilation on Debian 11 Bullseye and VPN login
from
a Windows 10 Professional PC with previous 4.6 configuration.

Best regards,
Mirsad

On 25.5.2022. 1:10, The Libreswan Team wrote:

> The Libreswan Project has released libreswan 4.7
>
> This release adds support for EAPTLS, FreeBSD/NetBSD fixes, and
> fixes an interop issue with Android 12.
>
> This latest version of libreswan can be downloaded from:
>
> https://download.libreswan.org/libreswan-4.7.tar.gz
> https://download.libreswan.org/libreswan-4.7.tar.gz.asc
>
> The full changelog is available at: https://download.libreswan.org/CHANGES
>
> Please report bugs either via one of the mailinglists or at our github
> bug tracker:
>
> https://lists.libreswan.org/
> https://github.com/libreswan/libreswan/issues
>
> Binary packages for RHEL/CentOS can be found at:
> https://download.libreswan.org/binaries/
>
> Binary packages for Fedora and Debian should be available in their
> respective repositories a few days after this release.
>
> See also https://libreswan.org/
>
> v4.7 (May 24, 2022)
> * IKEv2: EAPTLS support [Timo Teräs / Andrew]
> * IKEv2: EAPONLY support [Andrew]
> * IKEv2: fix interop when IPCOMP+transport-mode [Andrew]
> * IKEv2: fix race between new IKE SA and liveness [Andrew]
> * IKEv2: fix interop with Android 12 + certificates [Andrew]
> * IKEv1: reject IKEv2 only authby=secret+rsasig [Andrew]
> * config: end keywords with no left/right prefix are applied to both ends
> * kernel: fix double delete of kernel policy when tearing down SA [Andrew]
> * kernel: fix deleting policy when an XFRMi FD ID; github/618 [Andrew]
> * kernel: general cleanups [Andrew]
> * _stackmanager / pluto: support Ubuntu 18.04 LTS kernels [Paul]
> * FreeBSD: libreswan builds out-of-the-box [Andrew]
> * BSD: Add IPv6 support (tested on NetBSD)
> * building: fix build on fedora rawhide [Paul]
> * internals: initiate IKEv2 CREATE_CHILD_SA exchange using IKE SA [Andrew]
> * internals: _updown.bsdkame renamed to _updown.bsd

Mirsad Todorovac
CARNet system engineer
Faculty of Graphic Arts | Academy of Fine Arts
University of Zagreb
Republic of Croatia, the European Union
--
CARNet sistem inženjer
Grafički fakultet | Akademija likovnih umjetnosti